[aprssig] 144.39 mhz signal from my SONY 42" HDTV

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Tue Sep 9 23:53:16 EDT 2008

Kent Hufford wrote:
<snip>
> The TV is hooked to a cable box. The cable box can stay on, and not receive
> the interference on the APRS freq. It's only when the TV is on, that I get
> the interference.
>
> I have tried different channels, different "formats" HD and Analog, etc,
> only way to stop the interference so far is turn the TV OFF.
>
> I have it plugged into a APC 500 UPS. I plug it into a wall socket, makes no
> difference.
>
> I had the same setup before we moved 3 months ago, and no interference.
>
> Ideas? Other than give up TV or APRS... Or a new TV?

	Are there any other switches you can try to see what changes?  Perhaps
a different audio setup or something?

	Ferrite beads!  They work for so many other things, they might help
here -- wrap your power cables on them, your audio/video cables,
everything.  It might help, it sure can't hurt.

	Hope you figure this one out!
	Earl

--
KD5XB -- Earl Needham