[aprssig] Kenwood/Garmin adapter update

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Sep 8 11:25:47 EDT 2008

It's been pointed out that the D710 can do messaging through its other
port.  It'd probably require a different board layout (or can you do GPS
data on that port at the same time?) but it might be possible.  Anyone
got a D710 I can borrow for a few months to find out?  =]

I think I *will* add a pseudo-NMEA interface for some of the messaging
features, so if anyone wants to experiment with FMI they can do it
without dealing with the details of the FMI protocol.

Scott
N1VG