[aprssig] Messaging on the NUVI GPS

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Sep 3 12:42:33 EDT 2008

Curt WE7U wrote...

> People are running Xastir/Linux on that device already...
> I can't recall if that device has the choice of Windows/Linux when
> you buy it, but if it's Linux you're in luck.

Yes, it is offered with a choice of Windows or Linux pre-installed. They
sell the Linux version for the same price as the Windows version, but
with more storage (solid state drive) for the same price. I'll probably
eventually get an eee PC, but as they work their way upwards with a
larger screen etc. it is approaching the price of most low-end laptops
with a HD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eee_pc

Some people (myself included) would probably like to be able to do a
single download and "click here" to install, but if there's more to it
than that, at least a "step 1, step 2, step 3" guide to installing it on
a particular platform.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH