[aprssig] Messaging on the NUVI GPS

The Bland Ranch root at blandranch.net
Wed Sep 3 10:22:18 EDT 2008

I think we should have software for all these platforms.

What hasn't been mentioned about this is that the NUVI approach will enable hams
to use a gismo they already have AND the XYL will allow in a car.

Momma won't want to be displaced by a computer in the front seat, but she would
allow a NUVI navigator that has "additional features".

For a guy like me that travels frequently, the idea of being able to use my
NUVI, which I take anyway, to look at local APRS traffic is appealing. I would
not go to the extra trouble to haul a pC to do this on a biz trip.

Scott, I've been following this. Nice job. Making one of these setups may just
move up my priority list after I finish the Fender Bassman rebuild......

Chuck Bland
NA6BR