[aprssig] Internet to RF gating of positions

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Wed Sep 3 10:02:00 EDT 2008

>  As the system was
> designed, only MESSAGES can go to RF automatically (without
> sysop intervention).

I ran into this problem about 18 months ago when I tried to build
a system that would look for traffic problems (via the publicly
available loop sensor data) and post it to RF. I could never
figure out a way to reliably get the data into the ether - and
also couldn't be sure that I could force those objects to be
deleted once the traffic cleared.

This is a real problem. Not only do we need a design, we need
to figure out how to get it widely implemented...

73 de chris K6DBG