[aprssig] HF project

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Oct 29 16:09:44 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been contacted by someone wanting to track a number of vehicles on
HF for a humanitarian mission.  Sounds like their channel allocations
are on 60 meters or thereabouts.  I can cover the GPS and tracker parts,
but I need to know who's got suitable transmitters available, or would
be interested in designing something.

I don't have a lot of details yet on the range requirements (probably in
the hundreds of km, I'm assuming this would use NVIS propagation) but if
I can get an HF expert to join in a teleconference (probably tomorrow)
we can find out exactly what's needed and how feasible this thing is
going to be.

Thanks,

Scott
N1VG