[aprssig] Internet to RF gating

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Oct 28 13:25:19 EDT 2008

Actually, I may not have been clear on the option to always gate
configured calls from Internet to RF.  This is provided so that someone
ranging out of the area can have their remote beacons gated to their
"home" area so that RF users there can track them via RF.  You really
wouldn't want to buffer or hold these time-critical packets.  You also
would not want to buffer messages as the originator of the message
should be retransmitting it on a decaying algorithm until it is
acknowledged.  When the station comes on-line (so to speak), they'd get
flooded with a bunch of duplicates as well.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ