[aprssig] internet -> APRS, and universal messaging

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Mon Oct 20 13:56:34 EDT 2008

jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net>, Mon, 20 Oct 2008 06:49:40 -0700

>There's that general provision in Part 97 that says ham radio should not
>be used as a replacement for another service.

"universal messaging" (from the subject) and "Part 97" (which seem to
be some regulatory thing which I don't know) - is that "Part 97"
universal?
Well, I realy suspect that it has something to do with amateur radio
in the USA, but that wasn't written anywhere. Would it be possible
that posters add something about which regulations they are quoting,
so we who are from other places in the world know that it doesn't
apply to us?

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway