[aprssig] Universal APRS messaging

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Oct 19 19:47:10 EDT 2008

I've been loath to mention more than hints at it, but I've got an
APRS-IS client running for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 specifically tested on
the AT&T Tilt.  It has been used on a SmartPhone (Motorolo Q, I
believe), but the configuration file must be manually edited because it
doesn't have a backspace key.

I would be willing to provide beta versions of this client to hams that
already have an APRS-IS validation code and have been recently tracked
via aprs.fi or findu.com (I'll check).  I do not have ANY formal
documentation, but have been running this client as KJ4ERJ-12 for the
past 2-3 months with no ill effects.

This is an APRS-IS-only solution and has not yet been gated to RF
anywhere to my knowledge.

Please contact me off-list if you are interested and please provide both
your callsign and the Windows Mobile platform that you plan to run the
client on.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE - Tracking as KJ4ERJ-12