[aprssig] MIC-E Kit

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Oct 16 20:05:42 EDT 2008

You might want to say which Mic-E. There was an original from Bob and
two from TAPE. The TAPR units were a semi-open beta test (silver case,
narrow and deep), and the production model (black, wide and shallow).

If you bought the GPS from TAPR you might want to say which it was as
well. There were two units commonly sold with the Mic-E's. The Garmin
GPS 20 was a single channel board and the GPS 2S was a multi-channel
board (6, 8, 12? I forget) with much better performance. A  few
Motorola GPS boards also went out with the Mic-E, though because they
were more expensive most Motorolas went out with the time and
differential GPS projects where they were required.

Lots of nostalgia running around the sig lately ;-)

Steve K4HG