[aprssig] APRS-SCS

Charles Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Fri Oct 10 20:00:16 EDT 2008

Hi,
As you guys probably know, John, KB2SCS dropped support for APRS-SCS about 2 weeks ago, and placed the code online

I decided to try my hand at porting the code to VB.NET, and even possibly making it MONO compatible

I have setup a Sourceforge project for it, but have NOT yet uploaded the source (right now I'm working 7 days/week, and have some personal issues)

I'm looking for people to help on the project

Here is the project home page

 https://sourceforge.net/projects/aprs-scs/

I'm going to set the project up with a VB6 trunk, and when port time comes, a .NET trunk, and working from there

The admin programs look like they will be an easy/trivial port, but the main program will NOT be trivial.  One big issue that has sort of being taken care of is that the VB.NET powerpack adds support for most of the used graphics commands

There are a few .OCX files that MUST be replaces, and there is a few other things, plus I would like to move the code base to a class based and make sure we get unit tests involved

73 de KG2V

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

Therapy is expensive, poppin' bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.