[aprssig] How to deal with DTMF keypad differences betweenmanufacturers

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Mon Oct 6 10:05:56 EDT 2008

Stephen H. Smith wrote:
> Jason KG4WSV wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Gregg Wonderly <gregg at wonderly.org> wrote:
>>

>>> All the teens in my area are going hard after I-Phones and I-Touches...  Large
>>> touch screens are what's needed for the next phase of information exchange...
>>> Physical buttons are a thing of the past...
>>>
>> Unless you need dead-solid reliability.  I've got an iPhone too, and
>> it's nearly useless if you're really sweaty (or in the rain, I would
>> guess).
>>
>> -Jason
>> kg4wsv
>>

> Yeah...   I've noticed that same problem with sweaty or wet  fingers
> (from handling a cold Coke can) on my laptop mousepad...

I have a stick on display cover, that has worked flawlessly.  I just wipe the
phone and my fingers on my pants and keep going when the display is dirty.  I
haven't really noticed this to be an issue from a contact reliability
perspective.  Perhaps we use our phones predominately in different environments?
  My push button phone didn't work well when it was wet either...

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW