[aprssig] APRStt gateway SITREP

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 2 12:50:34 EDT 2008

JP
I agree with all, except I was feeling comfortable with the plan
of using
Multi-press, But the example of FF3ZZZ callsign and 23 digits
shows how bad it can be.  Maybe we have a "option" for some bad
callsigns...  But keep muilti-press for the rest...

Yes, the two-key method is best for CALLSIGNS.  But multi-key is
best for text messaging because you keep your finger and your
eye on the same key until finished.  Pressing 777 for "R" Keeps
your eye, finger, and mind on the "R" key until finished...
Ready for the next letter.   But pressing 73 for "R" leaves
your eye, finger and mind on the "3" key (which has "DEF" on it)
and for someone as scatter brained as I am, I will forget what
letter I just did, and which one I am doing next.  So the
two-key method is much worse for hand-eye coordination...

But then you are writing the code, and "he who codes rules"...
<wink>

Leaving for airport.  Bye.

Bob
WB4APR