[aprssig] ARES Activation Indicator

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 2 11:53:10 EDT 2008

>>> These objects are generated by the WxSvr
>>> server from NWS HWO products generated by
>>> each Weather Forecast Office.
>>
>> I suppose there is some ham radio software
>> doing the conversion to APRS... Could that
>> same software then put in the FFF.FFFMHz
>> format when it does put out an activation?
>
> There is potential that every county in the
> nation will have a different call-in frequency...

Yes, which is why I asked.  I was going on the sentence that
said "each [local] Weather Service Office"..  Which implied to
me that there was a conversion to APRS at that point.  So that
software could be setup by its local SYSOP to include its local
freq.  Just part of the local set-up.

Something like that.

Bob