[aprssig] How to deal with DTMF keypad differences betweenmanufacturers

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Wed Oct 1 17:54:13 EDT 2008

Jeff N0JUH wrote:
> Teens are not idiots! Once the full-keyboard phones became widely
> available (at super low prices with a contract renewal) they dumped the
> old clunky interface for something better.  I don't need to tell you
> what they would say if they saw a bunch of has-been nerds claiming that
> texting on numeric keypads is all the rage!

All the teens in my area are going hard after I-Phones and I-Touches...  Large
touch screens are what's needed for the next phase of information exchange...
Physical buttons are a thing of the past...  My wife and I enjoy our I-Phones
immensely. I have no plans of having another type of device.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW