[aprssig] How to deal with DTMF keypad differences betweenmanufacturers

Jack Spitznagel frawg at frawg.org
Wed Oct 1 11:55:26 EDT 2008

All,

Am a new member of the group - so I hesitate to chime in on this... but
Jeff is right. As father of a 15 and a 21 year-old ( and an old f*rt
nerd)... my eyes see and ears hear the same thing about full keyboard
phones. It still involves some pretty distracting activities if you are
mobile.

It seems to me that using as many hands free technologies as we can
without nailing our feet to some manufacturers closed door specwould be
a "Good Thing". Voice recognition in cell phones has gotten pretty good.
I don't think grabbing the mic and punching up a message is any
different (or less distracting) than "texting". It cost the life of way
too many people on an LA commuter train... and a high speed
multicar/truck pile up could be even worse.

Jack - KD4IZ

<snip>