[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 53, Issue 25

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Nov 28 12:15:01 EST 2008

Charlie KG2V wrote...

> I'm basically on the ridge facing into the hole - and that's part of
> the problem - my coverage to the rest of the 270 is way too large -
> what I should do is put up a directional antenna, which would solve
> the problem, or get one of the repeater sites in the next county over
> to put up a fill in - make a MUCH better digi, and there are talks of
> doing so

Possibly a directional antenna would help, but most likely, the fill-in
digi would be better placed if it was down in the hole itself rather
than being up on a ridge. The ridge would be a batter place for a
WIDEn-N digi but you really need to know if another one is needed
before adding it.

Gotta do something about that subject one of these days...
"Re: [aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 53, Issue 25" - hi! Perhaps
omeone could start a new thread with a meaningful subject.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH