[aprssig] APRS on UHF?

Jason Triolo jasonacg at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 26 12:07:52 EST 2008

Good question.

It's found in some parts of the country, particularly the Pacific
Northwest, which seems to be pioneering UHF APRS at 9600 baud.

 From an outsider's standpoint, it seems like frequency allocation is a
problem. While all of the regional band plans seem to agree on 144.39
for VHF, there is no standard for UHF. What's used in Seattle, for
example, would interfere with other activity here in Florida.

Add to that the cost of new gear to support it, and there's probably not
going to be a lot of takers right now.

But I agree...I'd like to see it more widespread as well.

73 de Jason, KD4ACG