[aprssig] APRS Comment/Status Text Guidelines

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Nov 20 16:28:07 EST 2008

> Traffic reports are being transmitted
> via APRS now.  I can't give a specific
> locatiion or locations... the Icon name
> is TRAFIC or some such thing...

Since the name is always the same, then it is probably a mobile
initiating that object from his D700 when he is stuck in traffic
to let others nearby see the problem.  To do this, he has just
programmed a MYCALL of TRAFIC in one of his PM's and when he
slows to a crawl, he can presse the PM-X key and transmit that
object to mark it on everyone's map.

THen when he speeds up again, he can resume normal operations by
going back to PM1, or whatever...

See how-to:  www.aprs.org/D7xx/d700-objects.txt

Bob, WB4APR

<aprssig at tapr.org>