[aprssig] OLPC $199 laptop again

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 14:03:37 EST 2008

>   But the keyboard is
> difficult for an adult to use, and even my kids find it annoying.  The
> rubber 'keys' like to squish to the side and don't give good feedback.

True.   Fortunately every (both of them) external USB keyboard I've
tried just worked...

> I found the Sugar interface clunky and confusing, and inconsistently
> implemented.

Again true.   It doesn't compute for those of us over 12..   The
Blog-comments on the newer versions of Sugar are promising...   As an
alternative, either Debian or Ubuntu can now be installed on the XO.
That's going to be my route to make it into a usable system.

Bill - WA7NWP