[aprssig] 220 MHz transceivers

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 12:10:39 EST 2008

> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:28:26 -0800
> From: "Bill Vodall WA7NWP"
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 53, Issue 12
>
> > Looking again, there's still data on the
> frequency.  I tuned in just now to 222.090 and can still
> hear a burst every few seconds.  However, looking at the
> packets, they appear to be coming from what I know is a
> 2-meter digi.  I don't know why it's leaking through
> the front end of the radio but there we go.  222.090
> isn't exactly an image frequency of 144.390.
> >

> With a D700?   I've added some of the local 220
> repeaters to my D700
> scanning and generally if I hear any activity there
> it's one of the
> local 2 meter machines.

Yeah, with a D700.  I hear 220 repeaters just fine with the D700.  I'm just confused why a 2-meter digipeater is showing up on 220.090 even though the digipeater is on 144.390.  I know which digipeater it is by looking at the packet monitor.  It announces itself once every ten minutes.  Unless there's a crossbanding radio somewhere that's pulling in 144.390 and putting it out on 220.090 I have no other explanation.  I don't hear 2 meter voice repeaters when the D700 is tuned to 220 so the front end should be ok.