[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 53, Issue 12

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 12:41:14 EST 2008

> Message: 10
> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:26:48 +0000
> From: k4rjj@
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] 220 MHz transceivers

>  Alex did you copy any callsigns?  Who is playing there?
>
>  -------------- Original message from Alex Carver

No, this was at least two years ago that I did it.  I was sitting in a parking lot just scanning around and when I heard data bursts, I flipped modes to see if it was something the TNC could handle (no computer with me so it was left up to the internal APRS mode).

Looking again, there's still data on the frequency.  I tuned in just now to 222.090 and can still hear a burst every few seconds.  However, looking at the packets, they appear to be coming from what I know is a 2-meter digi.  I don't know why it's leaking through the front end of the radio but there we go.  222.090 isn't exactly an image frequency of 144.390.