[aprssig] "Blind" APRS

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Nov 9 16:03:52 EST 2008

Jan T. Pharo wrote:
> I say "sju en femti" when referring to a frequency, and
> "sjutusenetthundreogfemti" if referring to the number as such. But if
> I was to hear someone with a language backgroun other than nordic or
> english to speak a number, I'd prefer to have the digits separately.
> Probably operators with only little use of english after school would
> prefer that, as well.

Even within the U.S. there seem to be regional differences.
In Michigan, in the US midwest where I grew up, everyone would speak the
two meter repeater frequency "146.94"  as:

"One forty six POINT nine four"

When I moved to California (2000 miles/3200 kM to the west) in the early
'80s, I noticed immediately that every one there would verbalize this as:

"One four six DOT nine four"

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map