[aprssig] OpenAPRS has assumed "EMAIL" alias (was UniversalMessaging)

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Thu Nov 6 17:23:17 EST 2008

Be advised that because no country uses 1 or 2 letter callsigns, many APRS-IS servers and APRS clients consider callsigns that are less than 3 characters to be invalid.  Also, a problem seen with the Sprouls' email server early on (I think they fixed this) was that it would ack back using a callsign instead EMAIL causing confusion with many clients.  Things to consider when looking at doing short callsigns and/or callsign substitution with server applications.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net