[aprssig] Kenwood TM-D700A question

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri May 30 11:26:29 EDT 2008

Joseph M. Durnal wrote:
> I noticed that The D700 has a "data" connector on it.  I was wondering
> - could this rig be set to use APRS with the internal TNC and at the
> same time use an external TNC for other packet applications?
>
> Thanks & 73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R

The problem is that the "data" connector (actually TX and RX audio and
PTT) follows the side selected for mic operation.   If you want the
external TNC on the band on right side, and almost never switch the mic
to the left (normal APRS) side, it will work.

BTW, this is one of the improvements in the D710 - you can lock the
6-pin mini-DIN to one side regardless of the mic mode.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps