[aprssig] I-80 Ohio/IN and D710 objects

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue May 27 15:48:10 EDT 2008

Greenhalgh, Christopher K. wrote:
> [...]

This is just the digi announcing it's own presence.

What the discussion is about is having one of the beacon strings
announce the location of an open voice repeater repeater with coverage
approximately the same as the digipeater's.    Ideally this should be
beaconed on a direct path, or at maximum only one digi hop, and should
contain the repeater's location (coordinates so it will show on a map),
frequency and tone code (if any).

The idea to make travelers aware of the recommended voice repeater as
they pass through the coverage area of your digi,  when they are close
enough to actually hit it; not a hundred miles away.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps