[aprssig] APRS on 40M

Matthew Stennett wa4tkg at iwon.com
Mon May 26 22:51:29 EDT 2008

Well; "It Seems to Us" (me) that 40M is the most USEFUL

band for PRACTICAL APRS. 30M is DEAD all the time (or there is LITTLE activity/stations bothering to operate there), and 20

I am told, is too "Busy". There is literally NOTHING on 40M

on that end of the band, so I say, let's get on 40.

How about 7.110MHz? We don't want to mess up the Node that has

been on since I moved back here, which is on 7.105+/- KR4MA, along with some W9 Station.

I say 5KHz above it; 7.110MHz.

MacRatt Matt;

formerly: "The ONLY APRS station in Japan" (tm)