[aprssig] Re: Tactical Value? [was: VX-8R Symbol/SSID

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Mon May 26 10:49:38 EDT 2008

Oh yes, It's a pity (copyright/licencing costs I expect) we can't have the predictive text on things like D7's etc, like 99.9% of all modern mobile phones have.   That's the single biggest "Turn Off" to a youngster these days regarding Ham Radio, and APRS in particular.  When they can already do much of what we can, with no need to train for a licence.  And the throughput is faster and more reliable.  Well, here in the UK at least.

See www.t9.com for details.   Even I can use it, it's fast, easy, and with rudimentary spell checking too.  (On later phones at least)

73.

Dave G0WBX.