[aprssig] REF: HF Net? How About 20M ?

Jim Duncan jdbandman at earthlink.net
Sun May 25 21:28:09 EDT 2008

At least one station that I am aware of was cited by FCC for operating
on 10.149 a few years back. FCC didn't fine, but a letter was sent to
the licensee. When I got back on HF in December one of the first things
I did was to take a listen to 10.149 during the day and never heard
anything.

I believe that the reason the HF gateways have faded away (above and
beyond the low solar activity!) is that everyone is within reach of an
I-Gate and the need of operating on 30m for cross-country use isn't
necessary except in some less-populated areas out west.

73 de Jim, KU0G