[aprssig] Sending bulletins from Xastir?

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun May 25 00:42:14 EDT 2008

> General announcements and bulletins don't require an
> add-on in Ui-View. They have worked properly long
> before Roger passed away.

Yes any APRS program that can send a message can send announcements and bulletins.  But that is not the point.  THe point was the common live-only bulletin display concept that assures that everyone sees exactly the same view and so that th ecommon bulletin board can be edited line/by/line and everyone sees only the integrated result, not all the little pieces.  I dont think that was in UIview without an addon.

See the original common Bulletin Board concept in:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/bulletinBoard.txt