[aprssig] Ham Radio, Use it or Lose it!

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri May 23 18:11:09 EDT 2008

Lots of hams went into packet because it was "flavour of the month, only
to find it wasn't for them.

Lots have gone to aprs and I suspect the same thing will happen.

Packet got caught up in a lot of bunfights - my protocol is better than
yours, if I you won't do it my way I don't want to play, I won't handle
7+, you can't use my node, etc, etc - and many users got sick of that.
They just wanted a system that worked, a system devoid of politics and
in-fighting.

Be very careful children, or aprs will go the same way.

Ray vk2tv