[aprssig] A wish for the next TM-D710A firmware update

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu May 22 16:32:55 EDT 2008

At 06:31 AM 5/20/2008, Charles Gallo wrote:
>Me thinks someone lives out west - 90?

         Let's not discount the people who live in the "wide open
spaces", whether we're talking about SmartBeaconing parameters or
unproto paths.

         For years now, I have run a HamHUD with high speed set to
240 and high rate set to 15 seconds!  This allows me to take the
thing in a car, truck, airplane, or whatever, and send a position
once a mile.  The key to avoiding channel saturation with settings
like these is to set your turn degrees and slope correctly.  Those
settings sometimes take some experimentation to find, BTW.

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk