Tactical Value? [was: VX-8R Symbol/SSID (Was Re:[aprssig] YaesuVX-8R)]

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu May 22 14:11:57 EDT 2008

You joke, but I can see where knowing the type of boat would be very
important. I know several rescue squads that use different types and can
imagine that they would like a method to indicate the different types
graphically.

As for the Kenwood/Windows/Macintosh symbols, I would suggest that when they
were created, it was somewhat important to publish what type of software you
were using, I think it's less important now.

I would like to see the system for icons enhanced, as some others have
suggested, to allow for a generic implementation (i.e., one automobile, one
boat, one person) that could be further defined (i.e., car or truck, Zodiak or
Yacht, jogger or skier, etc.).
--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU