VX-8R Symbol/SSID (Was Re: [aprssig] Yaesu VX-8R)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue May 20 21:39:46 EDT 2008

> What are we going to do about which symbol and
> SSID to use ? :)  Should we continue to use
> the \K symbol (esp considering it's a Yaesu rig,
> rather than Kenwood) or should we consider a
> separate symbol ?

In the recent attempt to upgrade the symbol set, we added a RADIO symbol with OVERLAYS.  Using that symbol will allow a K for Kenwood, a Y for Yeasu, an I for Icom and A for Alinco, etc...

The symbol looks kinda like a radio front panel.

Of course it will take a while for all software to add this symbol, but it has been defined and ready for use.

Bob, WB4APR