[aprssig] Voice Repeater ==> APRS Interface

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Tue May 20 14:18:21 EDT 2008

I have began working to develop something in Java that could listen to DTMF
tones and decode the information based on Bob's suggestions:
 http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/aprstt-coding.txt

I have the basics of it functioning, but it needs some further work.

The biggest problem that I have is that the code does not reliably decode the
DTMF tones. I'm using some code developed by Shaun Henry that is an
implementation of the goertzel algorithm. Does anyone have anything that will
work better?

What I have so far can be found here:
http://mckeehan.homeip.net/amateurradio/APRS/JavaAPRSTTsrc.zip

Feel free to have a look.