VX-8R Symbol/SSID (Was Re: [aprssig] Yaesu VX-8R)

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue May 20 13:44:38 EDT 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Scott Miller wrote:

> Why the heck did we get a Kenwood symbol in the first place?  I really don't
> think it's appropriate.  Why wouldn't you use a car symbol, or a pedestrian,
> or whatever?  Something that provides a little more useful information.

I heartily agree.  This is a communications protocol, not an advertising
medium.  Purge it of everything vendor or implementation specific.  While
we're at it, deprecate the '/M' Apple logo and '/Z' Microsoft logo as
well.  How did this spam ever get into the symbol set in the first
place???

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin