[aprssig] Fixed Position

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun May 18 15:43:37 EDT 2008

Consider entering the fixed position using APRS ambiguity so
that it reports your position within an ambiguity circle
approximating the area in which you operate the TT-3..

When I don't use GPS, I use a 10 mile ambiguity and chose a spot
half way between my house and work.  It keeps me in the
county...

Bob, WB4APR

> I would like to input a position in one of my TT-3s to avoid
having
> my GPS connected.  I placed the posit data in the Status Text
which
> is recognized when viewing over the air, but not via the
IGate.  Has
> anyone been successful in imbedding valid location data in the
TT-3?