[aprssig] Announcing: Kenwood TM-D710/RC-D710 SmartBeaconing

Steve Bragg steve at hamhud.net
Fri May 16 18:54:38 EDT 2008

The rumors are correct, but I couldn't confirm them until today: the new
D710 firmware (yet to be uploaded) will support the SmartBeaconing (tm)
algorithm from HamHUD Nichetronix.  I have been playing with the
firmware in my D710 on the way to Dayton, and it's looking pretty good.

Sorry for the late notice--I wasn't anywhere where I could get the 'net
until now.

Congratulations to Kenwood and D710 owners.

73,

Steve Bragg KA9MVA

--
---