[aprssig] Dayton Reports?

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 18:20:04 EDT 2008

Did not have a chance to talk to Kenwood about HT's.  They were doing
firmware upgrades to the D710 on site, and had a sign announcing the new
features including specifically SmartBeacon with acknowledgment to HamHud.

The Yaesu guy said they had literally handed him the demo radio this
morning, no specs, no data sheet, no manual, please don't touch any
buttons.  It is supposed to be "equivalent to the Kenwood handheld in
features" is the only direct quote I heard regarding APRS.

I did see Bob, WB4APR's Prius with the solar panels out in the
Fleamarket.  Pretty neat.  He wasn't there at the time so I didn't get a
chance to say hello.

I did get a chance to meet Jason, KE4NYV and Sheanna (Spelling? Can't
remember her call) of RPC Electronics and take a look at the RTraks.
Neat device. Good folks to talk to.  Finally got around to getting  a
cable from them to interface my Garmin to D7, works like a charm (KA0AZS-8).

73.

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS