[aprssig] Yaesu VX-8R

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed May 14 11:08:55 EDT 2008

Bob  G4HFQ just mentioned this over on the FBasic (Yaesu memory
management & CAT) list...

www.universal-radio.com/catalog/ht/0008.html

The Yaesu VX-8R HT has a 5 watt output FM on 50/144/430 MHz plus 1.5
watts on 222 MHz. It supports Blue Tooth hands-free operation with the
optional accessories. There will also be an optional GPS unit and
antenna. It supports APRS 1200/9600 bps data communication (B band only)
and is submersible (IPX57) to one metre for 30 minutes and is powered by
a 7.4 V 1100 mAh Lithium Ion battery. At 2.36 x 3.74 x 0.92 inches it is
smaller than a VX-7R.

Looking forward to hearing about the Blue Tooth and APRS capabilities.
I'm not sure if the GPs receiver will be connected by BT but that would
be nice... "look ma... no wires!" We'll have to wait and see on that
one. A BT headset will be nice too.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH