[aprssig] Re: DAO quantified.

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Tue May 13 19:17:04 EDT 2008

Since DAO support seems to be the magic topic of discussion I went ahead and
added support on OpenAPRS for it.

I have also started opening up and documenting our XML interface for
external sites to use the data in our database.  The interface reference can
be found at http://www.openaprs.net/xml.html.  Along with this move I'll be
releasing a method to embed OpenAPRS's system into a remote website using
our native javascript files and XML interface, you can expect that to happen
in about 2 weeks.  So far via XML you can look up a location in the US by
zip/city & state, view current message reports, access the KML interface for
both tractking stations and particular locations, view raw packet reports
and lookup position reports.

I've also added the FCC ULS database to our system which will auto-update
every 30 days from the FCC, now all stations displayed on the map will show
their ULS information in the popup bubble on click and will also appear in
our station info lookup page.  In a couple of days I'll have an XML
interface up for the ULS lookup as well.

And finally, I've released the C++ daemon OpenAPRS uses to inject the
APRS-IS packet to mySQL (it's on the site under OpenAPRS Daemon).  It should
compile on most UNIX variants and has several additional features for
watching packets as they come in.

If anyone has any suggestions, questions or rants/raves I'd love to hear
them, email me direct.

73,

Greg (N7NXS)
OpenAPRS.Net