[aprssig] Proper TT3 Setup

Bruce Coates bruce.coates at sasktel.net
Tue May 13 09:05:45 EDT 2008

Hi Matt

Smart Beaconing has the potential for creating excessive transmissions if not set correctly.  The most common mistake is to set the corner pegging to a very small angle.  If it's set too low, the small errors produced by the GPS can make it believe that you have rounded a "corner" and cause a packet to be sent.  We have a local ham that has done this and is beaconing every 3 to 5 seconds with a path of WIDE3-3 which pretty much floods our APRS channel.  As long as you sent it to something greater than 45 degrees you should be fine.

73, Bruce - VE5BNC