[aprssig] Carrying a D7AG and a Garmin GPS

Amir Findling K9CHP sarlabs at gmail.com
Sun May 11 10:51:08 EDT 2008

Funny you mention an MFJ mic cable. Just yesterday I noticed that my MFJ
mic cable for my Yaesu VX-7 was completely disintegrating on the inside
of the coils. Sure, I've had it for a few years and used it outdoors
mainly, but in comparison my Yaesu external mike (waterproof and quite
large) looks like brand new, yet has also seen a lot of use!
So just watch that MFJ coiled mike cord as it could go bad on you as it
did here.

    * 73 de K9CHP Amir Findling, Member ARRL, WAC
    * www.K9CHP.net <http://www.k9chp.net>
    * Senior K9 Handler, Cayuga County Highland SAR
    * K9 Certification Tester, NYS Federation of SAR Teams
    * 1st Special Response Group (1SRG)