[aprssig] D710 remote head

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat May 10 09:29:31 EDT 2008

>> E) The display head can be detached and used
>> stand-alone with ANY radio, scanner, HT or
>> anything with audio RX or TX...
>
> How does one power the head when seperated...

Well, they have a kit which contains the expected fuzed cable, regulator, RJ45 connectors etc.  MOunt it in the  office and then all you have to do is move the display head between the car and office...  But it is a lot bigger than one would carry in one's pocket for operation with an HT.

But I figured if I ever wanted to use it portable with an HT, that I would just rig up about 8 nicads (9 volts) and an 8v regulator and hook that to an RJ45.  If one uses 13.8 volts input and a series regulator, then there is enough heat that it explains why their little 8v regulator box is as big as it is...

bob, Wb4APR