[aprssig] Voice Repeater ==> APRS Interface

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat May 10 00:43:53 EDT 2008

>> You are asking at least 6 major controller
>> manufactures to code in features, which no
>> repeater owners have asked for.

> I look at is as more of an opportunity for them...

>> If they had asked for these features, the
>> controller manufactures would listen to
>> their customers. So far the silence is deafening

Interesting.. Today I got a response from one that said he never knew that APRS could do this.  And thanked me for asking.  He suggested that if I could find someone with one of his controllers that was willing to test it, that he would consider implementing it...

But since he did not authorize me to reveal who he was, maybe the best way for me to set this test up would be for anyone on this APRSSIG that is also a SYSOP for a repeater controller and willing, can send me the kind of controller they have privately and then I can match the responses to the MFR that is offering...

But then coincidently today, I had also significantly re-written the APRStt web page to include the concept of simply adding a DTMF chip to a modified a Micro-Trak or Opentracker+ and that way have a consistent approach in a tiny package that could work at any repeater, or on ANY voice channel including simplex.

see http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprstt.html

But still it doesnt hurt to have APRStt implemented in a repeater too if they are willing to code it.

Bob, Wb4APR

RLC-3, RLC-Club (any
variety) or DSP404