[aprssig] simple and cheap digapeater?

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu May 8 19:56:43 EDT 2008

>> should be using a path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 or WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 just
>> make sure the first hop is a WIDE1-1 your second hop could go as
>> high as a WIDE3-3 since you are in a sparsely located area of our
>> NW APRS network.
>
> But even from very remote areas, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 is a far better routine
> mobile path for courtesy in our North American VHF network than is
> WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 (or worse).

The recommendation is, I believe, Wide3-3 in Montana.   Believe me -
it's needed.  I spent a couple days there last month and after driving
all day I had TWO stations in my heard list on the D700..

If the Babb, MT, station can get a link to SWT on East Butte (Mt
Royal) in the Sweet Grass hills, he'll have a little activity and a
connection to some other Montana stations.

Bill - WA7NWP  (I used to go to Babb for a hamburger...)