[aprssig] Hello Everyone

KG4LNG kg4lng at vordemberge.net
Sat May 3 21:34:21 EDT 2008

Hi, I am new to the group.  I played with APRS-SA a little back in 2002-2004
and loved it.  I had no idea what on the science behind it but it was a lot
 of fun.  A very good friend of mine set it up on my old laptop for me.  I
 used as a volunteer on a local EOC to obtain weather reports and send local
 messages.  I am trying to get back into it.  I have a D-700 and the laptop
 with APRS-SA but the map is for NC and now I live MT.  My first question is
 what kind of maps and APRS do people now use?  Is there something similar to
 APRS-SA that is easy for a non-technical person could setup and use,
 specially mobile?  Later on in the future, I want to hook up a weather
 station from my QTH is there a good program for doing this? Enough questions
 for now, thank you for allowing me to be a member of this group.

 73's
John Vordemberge, KG4LNG