[aprssig] New GPS ICON support!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 2 19:50:18 EDT 2008

Wow!

I just received an image of the new AVMAP G5 Kenwood compatible
GPS display that is showing color APRS icons!  I added the image
at the top of my APRS localinfo web page since it is also
showning a frequency object.

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html

The new firmware displays many of the APRS icons.  In this
example, I can see trucks, boats, cars, joggers, bikes, vans and
pickups..!  Wow...

Now my small portable D710 bag doesn't even need a laptop, since
I can do most of APRS with just the radio and AVMAP display.
Now all we need is John Hanson to figure out how to add an
external keyboard to the D710 like he did on the D700, and we
are really in portable business!

Bob, WB4APR