[aprssig] 40 or 20 M APRS Frequency Request

Matthew Stennett wa4tkg at iwon.com
Thu May 1 09:54:48 EDT 2008

I here-by request there be a forum on a frequency to try for HF APRS, aside from the 30M National HF Frequency.

I have not heard much on 30 for ages, and 40 seems to be open ALL the time, to SOMEWHERE (KR4MA has been running a BBS on 7.105MHz+/- for YEARS, along with N9NDS), if there's not a Solar Flare on.

Also, some time ago, I recall there being a set frequency to try for 10M APRS, (don't remember what it is/was).

Although it seems WORSE/Totally dead compared to 30, I believe it would be a good spot to check now & again...oh yeah, and what about 6M; 1200BPS? I will program all frequencies I see mentioned.

Matt