[aprssig] D700/D710 data port (Kenwood Radio Commands Info)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 16:37:22 EDT 2008

Scott Miller wrote:
> Since I've had several requests, I'm considering building a Garmin
> protocol converter for the D700/D710 after all.  I don't have one
> myself, though, and it's not clear from the manual what the data port
> does when it's in APRS mode.

This URL contains lots of info on what  the Kenwood D700 radio control
commands are capable of:

     <http://www.jgav.com/ham/tmd700a.htm>

Again, MOST of these will work in either stand-alone "APRS" mode, or in
"PACKET" mode with the TNC acting more-or-less like a TNC2.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps